In this tutorial, we will build a simple NFT minting app with Web3Modal React Native using WalletConnect and Expo. We will walk through setting up your project environment and the process of connecting a wallet and interacting with a smart contract for NFT minting. This guide is ideal for developers who are looking to build great web3 mobile native experiences.
- Have some preliminary knowledge about React Native and Expo.
- Have a mobile device (iOS or Android) with Expo Go installed. Register for an account at expo.dev for an easier flow.
- Install a browser extension wallet (i.e. MetaMask or Zerion)
- Install a mobile extension wallet (i.e. MetaMask or Zerion)
- Install the Expo Go app on your iOS or Android phone and connect to the same wireless network as your computer. On Android, use the Expo Go app to scan the QR code from your terminal to open your project. On iOS, use the built-in QR code scanner of the default iOS Camera app. Follow the Expo instructions here for further setup.
- Read our documentation here.
- Go to cloud.walletconnect.com and get a ProjectID.
Follow along to the YouTube video of this tutorial below; the example code is also available here.